Milton Keynes – The UK’s Prime Office Location
Professional, Business and Financial Services
Milton Keynes is the UK’s prime office location for companies seeking superb connectivity to London, UK and international markets, workforce excellence and a significantly reduced cost base.
Located just 32 minutes from London, the city’s highly developed industry cluster includes more than 400 head office and financial services companies, and a specialist workforce of more than 22,000 people.
Milton Keynes is ideally positioned to support business growth. Property solutions include available prime office premises and unique, city centre greenfield development sites. The city’s fast growing population and housing stock further support business expansions.
But Milton Keynes offers something more: significant savings on property and labour costs versus competitor UK locations, including -72% lower prime office rents than London.
That’s why leading companies including Volkswagen, Santander, Deloitte, Dentons and Mercedes-Benz have chosen Milton Keynes to be their UK prime office location.
Milton Keynes’ strategic location and excellent transport connectivity have been key factors in attracting major head office, and ‘business, professional and financial services’ operations to the city.
- Central London, Europe’s business and financial services capital – within 32 minutes by train
- London & Birmingham – fast direct access, from a central point, to the UK’s first and second cities – within 1hr by train
- Paris & Brussels – via Eurostar channel tunnel rail services – within 4hrs
- London Luton Airport – 80+ direct destinations including Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, Milan, Geneva, Zurich and Edinburgh – 30 mins by road
- Birmingham Airport – 140+ direct destinations including Paris, Frankfurt, Amesterdam, New York and Dubai hubs – 40 mins by rail
- London Heathrow Airport – 190+ direct destinations. The UK’s international hub and Europe’s busiest airport – 1 hour by road
Milton Keynes also provides businesses with high-quality data connectivity. The entire county of Buckinghamshire (including MK) achieves an overall Ofcom ranking of ‘1’ (highest/fastest) for broadband coverage, based on 4 key metrics:
- Average broadband take-up
- Percentage receiving less than 2Mbit/s
- Superfast broadband availability
- Average modem sync speed
Additionally, the city’s ‘Central Superfast Broadband Project’ delivers superfast broadband access (24 Mpbs) to 96% of MK premises.
Facts & Statistics
A UK-leading head office and 'business, professional and financial' services
Superbly connected: 32 minutes by train to central London
Massive savings on prime office rents and occupancy costs
Available prime office properties and greenfield development sites
A large, specialist workforce offering significant labour cost savings
Reduced living costs and a better quality of life
The UK's fastest growing city