Milton Keynes – A UK Leader in Digital Technology
The Milton Keynes Digital Tech Opportunity
Milton Keynes is home to one of the UK’s outstanding Digital Tech clusters, serving diverse industry sectors including FinTech, HealthTech, EdTech and High-Performance Engineering.
Located just 32 minutes from central London with superb global connectivity, the city is home to 3,750 ICT companies and a workforce that rivals the UK’s major cities in scale.
Milton Keynes’ Digital Tech sector is supported by a highly developed tech ecosystem, including networks, business incubation and the UK’s leading Smart City initiative, complemented by world-class ICT and high-technology expertise at Cranfield University and the Open University.
But Milton Keynes delivers other advantages that have made it the UK’s fastest-growing city – space for growth and available, Grade A office accommodation offering potentially massive cost savings to businesses.
That’s why leading companies including Rightmove, ITC Infotech, Isban (Santander), DRS Data Services and Graphnet Health have chosen Milton Keynes to be their UK Digital Tech business location.
- A UK-leading cluster of Digital Tech companies and expertise
- 3750 ICT companies – from major corporates to start-ups
- An ICT workforce rivaling the UK’s major cities in scale
- A highly developed Digital Tech ecosystem and support network
- Superbly connected: 32 minutes by train to Central London
- Available Grade A offices offering significant cost savings
- World-class ICT university knowledge and education
- One of the UK’s fastest growing cities
FinTech (Financial Technology)
- Isban provides specialist banking software and services to Santander
- Xero Ltd delivers Britain’s leading online accounting platform for SMEs
HealthTech (Health Technology)
- Graphnet Health provides shared electronic health records for health & social care
PropTech (Property Technology)
- Rightmove is the UK’s largest online real estate portal and property website
EdTech (Educational Technology)
- The Open University delivers the award winning OpenLearn online learning platform
- DRS Data Services provides digital marking and assessment solutions for education
Advanced Engineering / HPT
- IMS Evolve applies Big Data & knowledge-based automation to machine data
- Acentic and HTM deliver IT/Telecoms infrastructure for the hotel sector
MK: High-Tech City
Milton Keynes is an ultra-modern city that continually embraces new technologies, creating a dynamic, innovative environment for Digital Tech companies and professionals.
The city has pioneered new technology infrastructure developments including fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) and 4G mobile networks.
Milton Keynes is at the forefront of developing new methods of transportation, with the UK’s first driverless ‘pods’ in a pedestrian environment. Led by Transport Systems Catapult and Milton Keynes Council, this will revolutionise how people get around the city.
Milton Keynes also provides businesses with high-quality data connectivity. The entire county of Buckinghamshire (including MK) achieves an overall Ofcom ranking of ‘1’ (highest/fastest) for broadband coverage, based on 4 key metrics:
- Average broadband take-up
- Percentage receiving less than 2Mbit/s
- Superfast broadband availability
- Average modem sync speed
Additionally, the city’s ‘Central Superfast Broadband Project’ is delivering an overall coverage of superfast broadband (24 Mpbs) to 96.5% of MK premises.